[NSRCA-discussion] Engine problem

Fred Huber fhhuber at clearwire.com
Sat Aug 26 18:19:19 AKDT 2006

If all else fails... step back and punt:

This will take a while...  valve lapping compound thick brass tube.  Thread a long bolt in from the bottom as a guide for the tube.  Apply the lapping compound and spin the tube against the seating surface.  Basicly hand lapping the seat true to the hole.

The end of the tube doesn't even have to be square at the start... the brass is used because its soft enough that it will mill BOTH surfaces flat.  Steel tube would have to have the end milled true first.

Might get some visible concentric rings.. but they will actually help the seal with the plug's brass washer.