[NSRCA-discussion] Engine problem

brian young brian_w_young at yahoo.com
Sat Aug 26 08:36:21 AKDT 2006

You might try annealing the glow plug gasket just to be sure its soft and more compliant to the misalignment, try two gaskets...

  John Ferrell <johnferrell at earthlink.net> wrote:
            General engine problem
  I have a YS91AC that runs fine but leaks fuel around the glow plug.
  It appears that the plug is not square to the head casting so the
  copper gasket does not completely seal the joint.

  Before I take the problem to my machinist son-in-law are there
  any suggestions as to how I might resolve the problem?

  History:
  Bought engine at deep discount with damaged threads and had
  Clarence Lee install helicoil insert. The first owner was full scale
  engine mechanic so I expect the problem was from the factory.

  New YS110 is listed at $329, new head-cylinder/sleeve about $150.
  My personal threshold is not to spend more than 1/3 the price of a
  new replacement in repair parts.
  Ideas?

  John Ferrell    W8CCW
"My Competition is not my enemy"