[NSRCA-discussion] Prather Prop Pitch Gauge

Ihncheol Park pnahobbies at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 22 14:40:09 AKDT 2006

Jim,

Below is the description shown at Tower/GP website.

FEATURES: Measures the pitch of airplane propellers up to 12 inch in
diameter
Measure from 3 to 15 inch of pitch
Can help increase power
Can help increase R.P.M.
Will allow engines to run better
Aluminum construction of base plate and face plate
Instructions on how to modify propeller pitch
Works with most electric and nitro propellers, will fit 4mm-2mm
propeller hubs

INCLUDES: One face plate
One base plate
Sliding block
One cone
One threaded stock (for larger propellers)
One partially threaded rod (for smaller propellers)
One arm
Two 4-40 flat head screws
One eyelet bushing
Instructions

I still don't understand how we use the pitch gauge to set the pitch on our
props.  Do we just measure at the 12" position and adjust there?

Ihncheol Park
P & A Hobbies

  _____