[NSRCA-discussion] Wind correction

John Konneker jlkonn at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 14 05:49:53 AKDT 2006

I'm new at this.
OK, not really but it's been over 20 years.
Yesterday while practicing in enough crosswind (blowing in) to have a
noticeable effect I was having difficulty keeping the plane form coming in
too close.
I am confused about what the acceptable techniques are to maintain position
and ground track.
Is it acceptable to fly a maneuver with less than wings level to counteract
the crosswind?  This has the effect of corkscrewing the loops, etc.
In the stall turns while going up trying to hold the plane into the wind it
will begin to yaw early giving the impression that the turn is being "lead"
and is starting too early.
Is this acceptable.
Like I said, I'm confused as to what is wind correction and what starts the
"1 point per 15 degree" deductions.
Thanks!
JLK