[NSRCA-discussion] Twin elevator servo issue using Futaba 9 ZAP - off list

Peter Pennisi pentagon.systems at bigpond.com
Thu Aug 10 06:56:11 AKDT 2006

Hi Jim,

Thanks again for your detailed responses. I really appreciate them.

My ATV settings are almost identical within 2-3 points of each other and the
geometry is fairly close as well.

I have spent the last 3 hours trying to get it as close as possible but I am
not happy with the setup especially at 1/2 elevator throw. The difference
between both elevator halves is quite noticeable which sort of explains the
aileron work load during all the looping segments of the P07 schedule which
are mostly performed at 1/2 elevator stick travel in my case.

I might try one of those match box thingy's which the IMAC guys use to gang
servos. This will certainly establish wether it is a Futaba associated
problem with delayed processing to slave channels. At least this way there
will be no master or slave as the device itself will do all the matching.
Therefore everything should be relative.

Regards,

Peter