[NSRCA-discussion] Electric/Glow Pros and Cons

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Thu Aug 10 05:56:46 AKDT 2006

Dave,

  Thanks for the info.

  I've been flying some foamies with my son, and had a cheap set of 3s lipos that I have probably used for 40-50 cycles. I had them propped so that I was at the rated limit (10c) when in a hover. They now will only fly about 4 minutes hovering, (used to be about 8) but they will fly a really long time at paritial throttle. When I cycle them at a very low current, I get the rated capacity out of them. It seems to me that these packs diminish in the ability to deliver high current (higher internal impedance?). Perhaps that is the same thing you have seen with your high-powered packs.

  Bob R.

Dave Lockhart <davel322 at comcast.net> wrote:
        v\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  o\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  w\:* {behavior:url(#default#VML);}  .shape {behavior:url(#default#VML);}        st1\:*{behavior:url(#default#ieooui) }                Bob,

  My understanding is that the packs still charge/discharge/balance ok, but power output diminishes before the sequence is complete – I suspect if the capacity of the packs were checked, the mah rating would be decreased compared to new.

  Dave