[NSRCA-discussion] Lost Muffler

John Pavlick jpavlick at idseng.com
Wed Aug 9 18:14:52 AKDT 2006

Blue Loctite probably melts on exhaust parts. Loctite is basically CA which
is plastic. There is a high temperature Loctite (green #640) but even that
might not work and it would be pretty hard to take it apart without using
heat. One thing you guys might want to try (other than safety wire) is a
lock tab. Anyone who's owned an old Harley knows what this is. Basically
it's a thin piece of metal that is keyed to one of the parts and then bent
against the flat of the nut after the nut is tightened. The tab keeps the
nut from spinning - the nut may get loose but it won't fall off. The only
problem is you need a good way to key it to one of the parts and I don't see
a good way to do this on a round exhaust part.

John Pavlick
http://www.idseng.com