[NSRCA-discussion] Lost Muffler

R. LIPRIE RLIPRIE at centurytel.net
Wed Aug 9 09:43:49 AKDT 2006

Well everyone,

    I'm not having a perfect day today. Went ahead and brought out the FUNTANA 90.I noticed when I started it. It was louder than usual. So really thought the glow plug was lose. So checked that. And it wasn't.
 And 2nd flight saw a little speck come off the airplane, I thought it was the tailwheel so I came by with a low pass. Saw the muffler was gone. So I quickly got some altitude , and went ahead and killed the engine. Because had no back pressure.

 And went and deadsticked it. It will be a while before the funtana fly's again