[NSRCA-discussion] Hacker: Normal or abby normal behavior?

Stuart Chale schale at optonline.net
Tue Aug 1 13:54:01 AKDT 2006

While playing with the brake function on my Hacker C50 / 90 Acro controller
(non comp model)  I noticed that if you idle real low and then bring the
trim down a click or two and allow the motor to come to a stop that you can
not start it again unless you bring the trim all the way down.  I am
guessing that it has to see the initialization point again.  In normal
flight the prop will free wheel and this would probably not occur but if the
brake is on and the prop stops you can not restart it unless you play with
the trim as above with the throttle fully down.

Is this a normal behavior?

Thanks

Stuart Chale