[NSRCA-discussion] Brio 10

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Sun Apr 30 19:32:11 AKDT 2006

I had the opportunity today to fly a Brio 10. It was way too windy to really get a feel for it, but I think it will be a good flyer. I have it on loan for a week so I can get used to flying it.

  The earlier comment about the landing gear is correct, the axles are useless. The mounting method for the wheel pants could be much better. I do like the metal gear, it gives on a hard landing and can be bent back. (Don't ask me how I know. :-)

  The motor was a Hyperion HP-Z3013-14, running on different 3S packs. With a Polyquest 3S 2100, great vertical and about 7.5 minute flight time with mixed throttle usage. I did not get to fly any patterns with it, however.

  I was told the motor current at full throttle was about 32 amps, close to 350watts.

  The rudder servo was mounted in the center with pull-pull cables. It was nose heavy with this setup.

  It had a tendency to tip stall when slowed for landing, but I just noticed tonight that the aileron gaps had not been sealed. I took care of that right away!

  The canopy latch does not hold very well. We used a piece of tape to secure it for flight.

  There was very little roll or pitch coupling, at least with the amount of rudder that was needed to hold knife edge. Slow rolls and point rolls were easier than the other small electrics that I have flown.

  I will post more information after I get a chance to fly it some more, hopefully when there isn't any wind. :-)

  Bob R.