[NSRCA-discussion] OS140rx problems - help needed.

Chris Moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 28 20:24:10 AKDT 2006

Colin:
    50 -75 flight on a stock OS bearing is about normal.  The symptom
that I had that the main bearing was going (70 flights) was that the mid
range would load up and it got progressively worse until I changed the
bearing.  I have switched to the OS sealed bearing from the 1.40EFI.
Yes, they put a good bearing in the EFI and a cheap one in the RX.  I
have 1 motor with almost 400 flights on the EFI bearing and it is still
in good shape.  You can order them from Tower for like $25.  I just go
ahead and put a new EFI bearing in a new motor even before I run it now
so I won't have to mess with it again for a looooong time.
Also, I would never mess with the pump.  If you are having some issue
with the motor, it is trying to tell you something other than the pump
needs adjusting.

Chris