[NSRCA-discussion] Brio 10 balance and weights

Dean Funk deanfunk1 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 24 09:55:28 AKDT 2006

Hi Ihncheol,

I've put pictures up at RCU -

http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/m_3953145/mpage_3/key_/tm.htm

basically it's a piece of 1/16 balsa with a 3/8 inch
long piece of 1/16 alum tubing CA glued to end - cross
grain. Then I warp 2 oz carbon cloth from one side of
the balsa across the tube to the other side, when
cured, trim and epoxy 1/4 triangle stock on both sides
of the carbon/balsa lam to form the mounting surface -
when that cures trim and sand to fit the mounting area
in front of the rudder post. I don't remember what
size music wire - but it's the size the fits the 1/16
tubing, bend to shape - I made the wheel retainer by
cutting out a tiny circle of plastic - slipping that
over the music wire and adding a drop of epoxy. I
think the tail wheel is 3/8 or 1/4 - you can see all
this in the photos...

I may remake the length of the wire, but atthis size
it will keep the bottom of the rudder of the ground
and has plenty of support, It's much better than the
plastic - if you taxi on pavement the plastic will
ware down to nothing in about 20 feet.