[NSRCA-discussion] Electrics

Bob Richards bob at toprudder.com
Mon Apr 17 08:27:22 AKDT 2006

Wayne,

  Yeah, I forgot to mention about filling low cells. Distilled water if preferred. If you KNOW you have very soft water, that would be second best. I have even heard of people using collected rain water as well, but distilled is preferred.  Also, DO NOT completly fill the cells of a discharged battery, just make sure the top of the plates are covered, then charge. After the battery is fully charged, top off any low cells. The level will rise once the battery is charged. The reason is that the acid is absorbed into the plates (simple explanation) as the battery is discharged -- this is the reason the specific gravity drops.

  Bob R.

Wayne Galligan <wgalligan at goodsonacura.com> wrote:
      If you find your battery low on fluid add only DISTILLED water.