[NSRCA-discussion] Impact

BUDDYonRC at aol.com BUDDYonRC at aol.com
Mon Apr 17 05:29:57 AKDT 2006

In a message dated 4/16/2006 8:03:43 PM Central Daylight Time,
vanputte at cox.net writes:

On  Apr 16, 2006, at 5:57 PM, Bill Glaze wrote:

> What is it  doing?

To the left, it looks like it's starting a barrel roll, then  it
breaks into the snap; however, it's hard to stop reliably.
To  the right, it is much more ready to snap, but it just doesn't look
"right".
There's a "ton" of elevator; so much so that the airplane is  "touchy
in pitch.

> It sounds as if the snap, (break) is  either missing, or
> not sufficient to properly stall the  wing.

That fat wing just doesn't seems to like to snap.

> How  about elevator throws?  Has he tinkered with  them?

Yep.

> Does entry speed make a difference?

The  only entry speeds he's tried are what you'd expect for the
Reverse  Avalanche and the 45 Down Snap.

Ron Van Putte

NSRCA-discussion  mailing  list
NSRCA-discussion at lists.nsrca.org

Read the instructions that come with the Impact I had the same problem
increase the aileron throw and reduce the elevator throw and go into the snap  with
a little more speed and the snaps will be more consistant.also increasing
throttle just before the snap seems to help.
dont ask me why, all I know is that it works.
Buddy