[NSRCA-discussion] Sponsorships are over rated!!!

mike mueller mups1953 at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 3 11:28:35 AKDT 2006

 I'm pretty sure that being sponsored is a lot less lucrative then what the majority of you guys think. If you fly pattern you need to understand that it's small potatoes to the major manufacturers. The compensation that's offered to the so called sponsored flyers isn't worth the crap they get thrown their way.
   Think about what one has to go thru to be sponsored. They actually are obligated to attend certain contests and compete at a high level. They spend a lot of their own time to test products. The so called pay they receive doesn't pay for the time and effort for the majority of these guys. All this obligation stuff can take away from the so called fun aspect of this sport. What about the guy who is sponsored by a manufacturer that doesn't have the best mouse trap anymore? Who would like to be in that situation?
   So to the guys that are sponsored I say good for you. To the guys that have to go it on your own maybe you should consider yourself's lucky. In the end there are no free rides. Mike