Receiver Compatibility with Synth 9zap

Michael Laggis fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Fri Sep 23 06:08:58 AKDT 2005

I have an older 9ZAP with a synth. module that I have absolutely no problems
with when using my synth, receiver or a cheapy GWS 4ch receiver. The radio
is new to me at the beginning of the season. I switched from another brand
to Futaba. The radio was from a friend that was meticulous in how he cared
for it. It has gone for checkups with no problems. I have now bought 2
receivers a R138DP - 8-Channel PCM that I thought was bad because I got
absolutely no range from it. I just recently picked up a R127DF - 7-Channel
FM from the local hobby shop for a new plane. The same thing is happening,
no range at all. I get 15 to 20 feet away from the receiver and it locks
out. I took receiver out of the plane and set it on the bench with the same
problem. Is there a compatibility issue with Futaba receivers "non synth"
and a synth transmitter? Do I have to buy modules for the non synth
receivers? Kind of defeats the purpose of a synth. transmitter if it is the
case. I guess on the bright side, at least I didn't loose a second plane to
bad reception. Thanks much.

PS both receivers are Hi-Band and I have tried 2 new crystals ch45 and ch46

Michael Laggis

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.