Landing scores

adriancwong at earthlink.net adriancwong at earthlink.net
Wed Sep 21 20:45:16 AKDT 2005

How are you, Keith?

Just use some foam friendly CA.

Adrian

-----Original Message-----
From: Keith Black <tkeithb at comcast.net>
Sent: Sep 21, 2005 9:19 PM
To: discussion at nsrca.org
Subject: Re: Landing scores

> If that nose wheel caught the right
> way he would have zeroed the landing for sure.

No kidding, my thoughts on seeing the landing was that he was lucky the gear
was 90 degrees off and not 45 degrees off.

That was just an incredible job of piloting!!!

BTW, it would have still been a zero as part of the gear came off.

Which brings me to another question, why do we zero landings if the tail
wheel tread rolls off (even under the new rule)? I had the little foam tire
roll off the rim at practice the other day on a perfectly fine landing. It
occurred to me that that little bugger could have cost me a round or even a
contest if it had happened in competition.  I understand if you slam your
plane into the tarmac hard enough for pieces to fly off you probably deserve
a zero, but those tiny foam/rubber tail wheels can come off sometimes quite
easily.

Keith Black