Hard Mount???

vicenterc at comcast.net vicenterc at comcast.net
Wed Sep 7 08:02:28 AKDT 2005

Mark,

No idea of exact numbers now.  However, I flew the Focus with the Gator mount for less than one season and replaced the gears and the mount.  After installing the Hyde mount the servos still there with no problems.  It has been at least two seasons.  Therefore, the life of the ailerons gears is approximate doubled using the Hyde mount.  I think I am going to have the same results with my Abbra.  I installed the Piedmont mount.  In the Abbra the MK links (ailerons only) did not survive one season.  I installed last week the Budd Engineering mount.  I will know next year but I have a feeling that will work for me since the ailerons vibration is being reduced with the new mount.

Vicente

When you say the gear life improved…could you quantify that for me?  Did they last a season with the Gator and 2 with the Hyde? Or was it 5 flights with one and a season with the other…   I’m just looking for an order of magnitude.

-Mark