140L problem

Douglas Bennett iflyrc at sbcglobal.net
Sun Sep 4 20:30:24 AKDT 2005

Sounds like fuel to me.  Maybe to much oil in this batch.  Easy to find out just try some Cool Power 30 Heli.  See what happens.  Seams like you were having this problem in St. Louis.  Have you pulled the head off to see if the build is anywhere else like the the valves?

Todd Schmidt <tschmidt at classicnet.net> wrote:Has anyone had a problem with an engine carboning plugs. My engine will run
fine on the first flight of the day.
Start the engine the second time, sounds good at first but will load up
while getting ready to take off. Won't clean out. Shut down, restart, runs
up good and then loads up again. Change the plug and everything is good for
two or three flights. Starts acting up again and I find a carboned plug.

I had this problem about a month ago right after cracking open a new can of
fuel. Ordered new fuel (new order came in with same batch# as suspicious
gallon) and had good luck for a couple gallons, but back to "not so
good".... Could fuel possibly be the problem? Engine has run very consistent
until now.

Powermaster DZ 30
OS F plug
Hatori Pipe (new mid season)