140L problem

Ed Hartley roho2 at rcpattern.com
Sun Sep 4 19:45:53 AKDT 2005

Early on I used a pure synthetic oil as an after run. It was Castrol Syntec. I ran a fair amount of Marvel Mystery oil through the engine to clean it out and quit using any after run oil after that.

That fixed my problem. You may want to try that. Wide open and run the oil through the intake. On the YS make sure you run it for awhile after you use the MM oil. It can tear up the neoprene stuff in the engine.

Btw, my engine is an OS-140RX not a YS. Many moons ago when I ran the YS, occasionally I used it to clean them out with no apparent damage.

Ed
Roho2 at rcpattern.com