2007 Masters 404 Option A

Earl Haury ehaury at houston.rr.com
Sat Oct 29 03:06:20 AKDT 2005

Jim

Consider that all rolls start when the wings leave horizontal and end when
they return.

The term "point roll" can be confusing as it implies rolling to a
demonstrated point, and hence your view. Actually "hesitation roll" is a
better description in that there are (in the case of the 2/4) two 90 degree
roll segments defined by a hesitation, as the roll is complete as the wings
return to level (and 2 of 4 roll segments having been performed) - no line
needed (or allowed in Immelman type maneuvers).

Of course all maneuvers require entry / exit lines, so there's a line before
the roll begins and after the loop that's part of the maneuver (but not the
roll pre se).

Earl