Showtime with YS110

randy10926 at comcast.net randy10926 at comcast.net
Mon Oct 24 12:33:50 AKDT 2005

Well we got to fly the showtime with the YS110 this weekend.  I am not sure why one would need more power for this plane than the YS110.   Just two tanks though the engine at this point, so it still rich,  and the power to weight is close to my OS160 powered Focus2.  You can pull to vertical in take-off and go straight up as far as you want.

I would say one thing about the assembly - For pattern style flying the listed CG is too far back.  Use the pull-pull rudder setup and move the CG at least a half inch forward from the instructions; an inch would be better.  Use no more that the low rate throws as your high rates and start with 50% of that as your low rates.  The listed high rates are just insane.  On the low rate of 50% of the listed low rate, I am getting 2 rolls per second.  List high rates would be just a blur.

Randy