PPG Concept curing question

Gray E Fowler gfowler at raytheon.com
Fri Oct 21 05:24:05 AKDT 2005

Bob

Actually even most epoxy paints are the same, that is they have a resin
which is a solid at room temp. If you are referring to the old KB epoxy,
that too was a solid, but a blend of different evaporating solvents made
it appear differently. You will find Concept about the easiest paint to
spray.

The isocyanate hardener can be a health concern, but that is for people
who spray this for a living. The average Pattern Dude inhaling one planes
worth is not going to die (immediately). Try not to breath it.....position
yourself as best you can away from the overspray....little dust masks  do
no good, contrary to popular belief.

Good spraying is temp sensitive, so be wary of that.

Gray Fowler
Principal Chemical Engineer
Composites Engineering

Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com>
10/20/2005 05:48 PM

Gray E Fowler <gfowler at raytheon.com>
cc
discussion at nsrca.org, discussion-request at nsrca.org
Subject
Re: PPG Concept curing question

I guess what I did not expect was the paint gassing
off and turing solid without the hardener. Again,
using epoxy as the standard, the resin and hardener do
not "dry" by themselves (at least not in a few hours).

Thanks for the explanation.

Bob Kane
getterflash at yahoo.com

http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs