PPG Concept curing question

Terry Terrenoire amad2terry at juno.com
Thu Oct 20 16:44:40 AKDT 2005

Bob: I don't know what you are doing ao where you are storing the unmixed
paint, but I have paint that is several years old, and it is still
perfectly good. Just as fluid as the day I opened it. he one thing I make
sure I do is to imediately reseal the can once I have removed all the
material I need for a project. I am not a chemist, so I don't know how
the hand holding thing works, Just know that it does!!

Terry T.

On Thu, 20 Oct 2005 12:51:46 -0700 (PDT) Bob Kane <getterflash at yahoo.com>
writes:
> I am using PPG Concept (DCC) paints for the first
> time. I had innocently assumed since this was a
> two-part paint, it cured much like epoxy. But after
> working the stuff for a couple of weeks I noticed the
> unmixed paint in the empty cans was "dry".  So, my
> assumption is the paint will "dry" on it's own, but
> would not have the durability of properly mixed paint?
> The hardener gets all the molcules link arms and form
> a tougher material? Thanks in advance.
>
> Bob Kane
> getterflash at yahoo.com
>

> __________________________________
> Yahoo! Music Unlimited
> http://music.yahoo.com/unlimited/
> If you want your reply email to go to the list, you must Cc: the
> list!

> To be removed from this list, go to
> http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
> and follow the instructions.