[SPAM] OS 1.40 header

Lance Van Nostrand patterndude at comcast.net
Sat Oct 8 09:51:18 AKDT 2005

I've had some success with the O-ring setup.  I had one plane with fixed header and the other with O-ring and started with a bad attitude about the O-rings.  I have since switched both to Oring setups.  Once I figured out the secret to getting long life from the O-rings I find the vibration reduction, stress reduction, weight reduction all positives.  I wrote a KF article on this that will probably show up in the next issue but basically you don't want to remove the header from the O-rings until replacement time.  Remove the adapter from the engine just like a fixed header.  Also, stabilize the coupler firmly.  My mintor has had the same O-rings in it since May or June with no leakage.
--Lance