JR output arm stabilizers

Grow Pattern pattern4u at comcast.net
Wed Nov 23 07:58:35 AKST 2005

The ball component actually causes some drag, depending upon how tight the pull-pull wires are set. The servo will buzz less when the output shaft is supported above the servo arm. I have even seen the brace stop the rudder dancing until the servo could be serviced with a new pot.

I replace the ball-joint above the servo shaft with a ball-race clevis (MK style) to reduce the friction and the rudder then centers almost perfectly. I support the new bb clevis by cutting off the ball on the servo screw and tapping it for a 3-mm bolt. Or I replace the bearing with a 3-mm id ball-race and use a 3-mm bolt and spacer to do the same thing.

Regards,

Eric.