F3A judges for local comps

Peter Pennisi pentagon.systems at bigpond.com
Fri Nov 11 11:56:32 AKST 2005

Hi All,

Thanks for all the responses.

I appreciate the time taken to discuss this topic.

I believe anyone can be a good FAI judge (even a sportsman) but it is going
to take time. Most of our sportsmen break out into a cold sweat when they
know they have to judge the F3A guys obviously because they are out of their
comfort zone.

The problem with our middle class ranks is very serious indeed and in my
opinion a very big concern with the future of this event in Australia. I
believe this is a result of the schedule changes we have just introduced for
the lower classes. We always get a bit of a set back when this happens but
we never really recovered from the schedule changes from 2 years ago.

Our local F3A class has one really top pilot and the other 5 or 6 pilots are
all very close in ability. We need a better approach to rank these guys from
first to last otherwise we might loose them too so hence the idea of letting
them decide who was first and last.

Until our sportsman get to that level we need to put our contingency plan
into play.

Regards,

Peter

Peter Pennisi