Mail list vs. forums

Chris Moon cjm767driver at hotmail.com
Thu Nov 3 05:51:35 AKST 2005

The software to run the bulletin board or "forums" can be had free.
http://www.phpbb.com/
The only question is what will the traffic do to costs to run our site
server.  I think an in house hosting would probably be better than RCU
only because some of the postings here are just in-house bickering and
doesn't need to be hashed out in a freely open plane like RCU.  The
upside is huge in that we can post pics and contest flyers.  It would be
easier to sort though what you want and don't want to read, and if
everyone remembers all of the problems we had last yr with email viruses
and peoples' email addresses getting spoofed, this security issued would
disappear.  I'm sure most people don't really like the idea of having
their email address on the computers of hundreds of people each time
they post to the email list.
If the bandwidth costs are not prohibitive, why not run a parallel
system for a while and see what everyone likes best??

Chris

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.