Mailing Lists

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Nov 3 05:17:04 AKST 2005

I sent the following to Keith Black only.  Upon reflection, I decided
to send it to the whole NSRCA List:

On Nov 3, 2005, at 12:21 AM, Keith Black wrote:

> Since I've been stirring it up lately I guess I'll go all out and
> point out
> what no one else wants to say.
>
> We've had a tremendous reduction in mailing list activity since the
> method was changed to reply only to the sender unless reply to all is
> pressed. I know that I've personally had many more private
> conversations
> from people replying privately to my messages than I did before the
> change.
> This translates to less public interaction and less information
> sharing.
>
> The change was supposedly a test, have we learned anything yet?

I don't know about anyone else, but the change confirmed that I really
don't care if "Joe" will meet "Pete" at the field this weekend.
Besides, if "Joe" really wants the NSRCA world to know that he's going
to meet "Pete" at the field, he can hit the "Reply All" button.
However, he can't claim that it was an accident.

Ron Van Putte

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.