Mailing List/K Factor - Mail List Alternatives...

Steven Maxwell patternrules at earthlink.net
Thu Nov 3 04:46:09 AKST 2005

 One of the big problems I see with loosing the list is that on the list
some of the heated debates thats goes on that only concerns NSRCA, could be
a real negitive to our sig. I was on one of the other mailing list and even
tried it twice, it was so negitive that it made me to never want anything
to do with that sig. Do we really want our in-fighting to be for public
display? It's good for our sig to have these discussions, bring out good
points and bad, but some of it could be a very sour for the general
modeler. Lots of us still use RCU and it is very good for some things, like
the Electric pattern forum that I ask Mark to start, very good for people
that was interested in pattern but like EP, and might bring in people that
wouldn't have had any interst in pattern but liked EP.
 Steve Maxwell

LIST!"
> Why? I'm not sure. Guess I've just got a warm and fuzzy feeling about this
> list and the friendships cultivated through it. On the other hand, when I
> think of it logically I can see very little negative with using RCU, or
some
> other public tool, to host our discussions IF that forum improves our
> communications and opens us to more R/C pilots. If everyone makes the move
> we should have the same participation, content and spirit that we have
with
> the current list, just in a better medium.
>
> I went to the trouble of listing out the Pros and Cons with each of the
> options I could think of to spark a logical discussion, not to try and
cram
> anything down everyone's throat. This is the way I always make decisions,
> listing the pros and cons (must be that engineer mentality in me coming
> out). ;-)
>
> Keith Black

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.