Mailing lists and our future in general - reply method

JonLowe at aol.com JonLowe at aol.com
Thu Nov 3 03:30:25 AKST 2005

In a message dated 11/3/2005 12:22:17 AM Central Standard Time,
tkeithb at comcast.net writes:
We've had a tremendous reduction in mailing list activity since the Reply
method was changed to reply only to the sender unless reply to all is
pressed.
Keith is absolutely correct.  Someone pointed out at the start of this
experiment that reply only to sender killed some lists.  Seems to be doing the same
here.  How about if we "experiment" and set it back to reply to the list.
Heck, I almost only replied to Keith on THIS reply!

I also watch the RCU forum.  It is not as convenient as this as here, I can
go online, get all of these messages at once, and peruse them at my leisure.
Also, pattern specific for sale items get lost in the morass of other RC
equipment on RCU.  RCU is good for certain things, such as specific threads on
certain airplanes, and retaining that sort of documentation.  I think this list is
more "immediate" with more camaraderie, something lost on RCU.

Jon Lowe