Mailing List/K Factor - Mail List Alternatives...

Dave Harmon K6XYZ at valornet.com
Wed Nov 2 17:49:31 AKST 2005

I'll agree to that!

Regards

Dave Harmon
NSRCA 586
K6XYZ[at]valornet[dot]com
Broken Arrow, Ok.

RCU
when ever they want, as for the Yahoo groups you'll find that you will
have
to start approving everyone that joins it if not the spammer's will find
and use it for porn and everything else, how do I know this well I use
it
for our club mailing list and we got hit hard at one time, now I approve
evryone that uses it, one other thing I changed e-mail address and even
though I'm the only moderator I can't even acess the site as moderator
my
only way to approve member's is though my e-mail and I have had people
with
no interest try to get on.
>  This list now have a great archives with lots of info.
>  I'm not saying this is the best way but I do think it has it's place.
>  ProBro is not for me or am I the only one that see's ADULT content,
the
atitude that I have seen from these guys I don't want to be a part of.
>  Steve Maxwell

and
run
> > our own forum.
> >
> > Pros: Complete control and not dependent on anyone. Ability to only
admit
> > who we wish to admit. (not that this is ever of often used)
> >
> > Cons: Costs in dollars for software and man hours to maintain. No
exposure
> > to massive numbers of new users.
> >
> > 2. Use an existing free service to host a private forum such as the
Yahoo
> > Groups site that I have already setup. Check it out at:
> >
> > Pros: Free, no server costs for NSRCA. Much more functionality than
the
> > current list, ability to read messages in a forum layout or in a
mailing
> > list format that works identical to what we currently use. Ability
for
users
> > to upload pictures, files, search, etc.  Ability to conduct online
polls.
> > Exposure to massive numbers of new users, but not necessarily users
focused
> > on R/C. Ability to admit only who we wish to. Limited man hours to
> > setup/maintain.
> >
> > Cons: Site is owned by an outside source, we're limited to the
functionality
> > and limitations provided by the site (which BTW is already better
than
what
> > we have). Have to get a Yahoo UserID.
> >
> > 3. Move the official NSRCA forum to RCU.
> >
> > Pros: Free, no server costs for NSRCA. Awesome functionality
including
> > excellent ability to share pictures for the aforementioned build
threads and
> > how-to's, powerful search engine, personal file/picture uploads,
etc.
> > Ability to conduct online polls. Focused exposure to massive numbers
of
R/C
> > enthusiast. Virtually no man hours needed to maintain, other than a
> > moderator.
> >
> > Cons: Ownership - site is owned by an outside source so ultimately
we're not
> > in control. Completely open site so we can't limit to only those we
want
> > (not really an issue). We're boosting someone else's business by
bringing
> > our traffic to their site. They could disappear one day and we'd
have to
> > find another solution. More people would see some of our stupid
arguments.

> > Keith Black

our
web
> > > team can look into this??
> > >
> > > Chris

sharing
ideas
> > and
getting
20,30
mail
list
> > is

> > and
anyone
in
> > the

> > does

someone
feels

http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm

> > list.
> > > >

> > > =================================================
> > > If you want your reply email to go to the list, you must Cc: the
list!

> > > To access the email archives for this list, go to
> > > http://lists.f3a.us/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/
> > > To be removed from this list, go to
http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
> > > and follow the instructions.
> > >
> > > List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from
the
> > list.

> > If you want your reply email to go to the list, you must Cc: the
list!

> > To access the email archives for this list, go to
> > http://lists.f3a.us/pipermail/nsrca-discussion/
> > To be removed from this list, go to
http://www.nsrca.org/discussionA.htm
> > and follow the instructions.