Mailing List/K Factor

Michael Laggis fishgod at pobox.mtaonline.net
Wed Nov 2 14:27:47 AKST 2005

My true and honest belief is that using a mailing list for sharing ideas and
information is obsolete.  With the free resources like RCUniverse where
people can post to threads, add pictures, do searches makes getting 20,30
and 40 email a day pretty useless.  The only reason for using a mail list is
for people that only have an email account and no access to the internet.  I
would have to say that number is close to nil.

Instead of complaining about the list,  stop using it and start using
RCUniverse.  Content there can be seen by pattern and non-pattern flyers.
Contest reports with pictures can be posted, build threads with pictures and
descriptions will stay there and can be searched and used by anyone in the
world.  Ideas can be shared with not just the NSRCA community but with
Pattern Flyers throughout the world.

As for the K-Factor, When and if I receive my paper copy I have already
downloaded it.  It could be made electronic only and if someone again does
not have access someone could print it out and give or send it to that
person.

Again, these are personal opinions, If it is something that someone feels
really passionate about they should peruse an NSRCA vote on the subject and
follow the results.

Michael Laggis

List members email returned for mailbox full will be removed from the list.