[SPAM] Re: Glow Engine Vs. Electric Engine for 2 m' pattern plane

Adam Glatt adam.g at sasktel.net
Sat May 28 19:14:34 AKDT 2005

If one were to run the numbers for Thunder Power batteries @ $325 each
half, it works out to $1300 for two batteries. If you only have two
batteries, I hope you enjoy watching other people fly (or take your glow
plane). Personally, I consider three batteries the bare minimum for
practicing pattern, which puts that at $1950 for batteries only.

Guessing 200 flights per battery (probably a overestimation), that is
$3.25 per flight.
Guessing 6 flights per gallon with a 1.60DZ (perhaps an overestimation),
that is $3.33 per flight.

The 160DZ is most comparable with the higher performance electric motors
(Plettenberg Xtra 25 and Hacker C50XL), each costing $400. A controller
is $250-350.

Two battery chargers is also a bare minimum. They will last forever, so
spending extra on more is a good investment.

ronclark51 at comcast.net wrote:

> Aviram,
> $1000.00 for two batteries
> $500.00 motor and speed control