FW: Best fuel for OS140Rx

Koenig, Tom Tom.Koenig at actewagl.com.au
Thu May 26 14:32:32 AKDT 2005

Amram,
The best performing fuel I have seen in these engines is when the fuel is mixed by the owners. Use the BLUE cool power oil at 15-16 %. Nitro seems to be more than acceptable at 10%. Use 15% if  needed. Higher you may need to experiment with headshims.

I would recommend that you do NOT entertain the idea of the KL198 unless you want to commit your engine to the bin.

I will also go out on a limb here and state that the CP heli is not as good on engine life as homebrew using the blue oil. I run a 140 DZ and have just re-built the engine after 2.5 years of strong and steady service( I really cannot complain!) but I must say that the wear and deposits are far more than I have experienced over the past 15 years in ANY engine using my own homebrew utilising the blue oil. Should I choose to run the 160 Dz...I will gladly sacrifice a little rougher idle for better engine wear.
If you mix your own fuel, make sure you use quality ( the purest) nitro and methanol available. VP is a great nitro and avoid any methanol with acetone in it.

Tom

*PLEASE NOTE*  This email and any attachments may
be confidential. If received in error, please delete all
copies and advise the sender. The reproduction or
dissemination of this email or its attachments is
prohibited without the consent of the sender.

WARNING RE VIRUSES:  Our computer systems sweep
outgoing email to guard against viruses, but no warranty
is given that this email or its attachments are virus free.
Before opening or using attachments, please check for
viruses.  Our liability is limited to the re-supply of any
affected attachments.

individual sender, except where the sender expressly,
and with authority, states them to be the views of the
organisation.