YS 1.20 AC

Mike Wickizer MWickizer at PyramidWaterproofing.com
Fri May 20 13:01:17 AKDT 2005

Last weekend, after 2 seemingly perfect runs, we experienced the same
problem with a 140sport.  The engine was dying on exit from the triangle
loop.  It was my son's first contest so we obviously panicked.  Changed
plugs, checked lines, checked tank and clunk.  Idled and ran great on the
ground. Turns out we were rich on the high end and as the afternoon got
warmer and more humid the engine was loading up on the downlines.
  -----Original Message-----
  From: discussion-request at nsrca.org [mailto:discussion-request at nsrca.org]On
Behalf Of jjvoth
  Sent: Friday, May 20, 2005 1:17 PM
  To: discussion at nsrca.org
  Subject: YS 1.20 AC

  Anyone have any ideas why this engine quits running  when exiting the
triangle loop or the full roll after the half inside loop in the Masters
pattern.
  I can't remember ever having this engine quit since it was new. I've
checked the fuel lines, replaced the pickup line in the tank, changed the
diaphragm, checked the fuel passages in the regulator and carb, changed
plugs, reset the idle screw and cleaned the filter. It runs fine with plenty
of power (for an AC) and it doesn't quit on the above maneuvers every time.

  Any help would be appreciated.

  Jerry