calling complete for new takeoff

Atwood, Mark atwoodm at paragon-inc.com
Tue May 17 10:50:38 AKDT 2005

I'm too new to the process to know how that would be handled, but I for
one would certainly support anything that reinstated scored landings.

Regarding the actual "Vote"...the FINAL voting forms do not contain
ANY...I mean ANY of the rational that is submitted for the rule...JUST
the text of the rule change.

For new members of the contest board (Vern and I) it took a fair bit of
work calling different proposer's to understand the motivations of some.
(most are straight forward, but there were a few that seemed out of left
field.)

I would imagine in future votes, being part of the entire process will
help, but there will always be the chance of a new board member getting
into the game late and having to make decisions.

It was interesting to me that ALL of the IMAC rule change proposals came
from the sig...there were NO independent proposals to confuse things,
and I believe their changed passed with a clean slate.

-M