TRUTURN FAI 3-1/2' SPINNER

Jerry Budd jerry at buddengineering.com
Sat Mar 26 09:48:33 AKST 2005

I really don't know, Frackowiak would be the better person to ask.  I
know when I flew his ePartner last summer he had a TruTurn spinner on
it and he had gone on a pretty relentless search to get weight out of
the airplane.  He saved quite a bit of weight changing out most of
the steel screws in the plane with aluminum, and a big chunk of that
was he found a source for an aluminum prop nut/adaptor to replace the
steel one that TruTurn makes.  I know he considered switching to a
composite spinner but the aluminum spinner cone is already pretty
light, really not much to save there.  The real problem is the
backplate.  A "lightened" backplate for a glow motor is still way
overkill for an electric.  That's where I'd focus my efforts.

Thx, Jerry

--
Jerry Budd
mailto:jerry at buddengineering.com