CAD Program

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sat Mar 26 06:26:40 AKST 2005

Dieter:
One that can, I believe, be ruled out is Autocad, at least up to V. 14.
I took a year and a half of instruction, and while it would work fine
for straight plan and profile views, I could not get it to give me
intuitive sections between drawn out stations.  I could, for example,
draw a nose piece, and the second former, but could not get a meaningful
result if I asked for a cut between those two stations.  Neither could
my instructors, or the lab technicians, figure out how to do it.  And my
primary instructor was an Autocad Certified Examiner, and had worked
with Autocad since V. 1.1
Maybe it's been improved, or just maybe the instructors I worked with
were lacking; model airplane design wasn't their specialty.  But, at
$3500 (at the time) it just wouldn't do the job.

Bill Glaze