JR3421 gears

Keith Black tkeithb at comcast.net
Tue Mar 22 11:44:37 AKST 2005

Summer 2004 I sent a set of 3421's in for service as they had become very loose. I asked that they convert them to 3421SA's. After about three months of waiting for gears to be available they just sent me a new set of 3421SA's. I thought this was awesome service from Horizon (other than not having the gears in stock). But it begs the question of if you can swap the gears as Troy has suggested why couldn't/wouldn't Horizon just us the JRPSG321 gear set? In my case was it necessary to swap the metal gear since there was slop?

Then again a couple of months I sent in a pair of 9411's with minimal mileage to swap them out for 9411SA's. This also took over a month because Horizon didn't have the correct gear set in stock.

I'm still not sure I fully understand the issues involved. If it's as easy as using the JRPSG321 gear set then why all the delays?

Keith Black