Lawsuit Update

Wayne Galligan wgalligan at goodsonacura.com
Mon Mar 21 08:44:29 AKST 2005

Small claims court is primarily for cases where smaller amounts of money are to be determined and a lawyer, although not needed, just ensures you that the proper protocol(intimidation heh! heh!) is used.  I used one in small claims court when a guy bounced a check for a motorcycle and wrecked it the day after.  Then he claimed it was a faulty piece of equipment, where he was doing a wheelie then flipped it.   Of course I won, but it took 1 1/2 years to collect $650 and I had to garnish his check and still pay for my lawyer.   So much for wining the case.  I would have been better off taking the bike back, fixing it, then reselling it.

Wayne G.