Aerofly pro deluxe and IMAC Judging Class.

Bill Glaze billglaze at triad.rr.com
Sun Mar 20 17:38:16 AKST 2005

Mark:
FWIW, this past Saturday I attended an IMAC judging school, inasmuch as
I wanted to see what they were up to! ;-) It was a very professional
presentation, taking 2 days.  (I wasn't able to attend the Sunday
practical at-the-field-flying session because of other commitments) but
I did attend the full-day classroom session.  An absolute highlight of
the class was a G2 simulator, paired up with PowerPoint.  They were able
to project on a large movie screen, in-flight maneuvers, both with and
without mistakes.  These were pre-stored, and they had a raft of them,
illustrating just what common mistakes looked like, just what "cheating"
with ailerons looked like, etc.etc.   It was truly fabulous.  If we had
someone with the talent to make this up, and put it on a computer,
(remember, this was G2, not the latest) such a presentation would
quickly obsolete the tape that is in use today at the NSRCA judging
schools.  They also issued a loose-leaf binder with all the Aresti
figures used by FAI, told how to compose the complete figures from
components in the book, how to calculate K-Factors--indeed everything
needed.  Handouts were given out for different subjects, etc.  and I
couldn't help but notice that, of the 35 people in attendance, some said
they hadn't yet entered their first contest, (but intended to) and quite
a few were entry-level pilots.
I realize that you asked for the  time, and I've just told you how to
build a watch, but I'd like everyone to digest this and see if we can't
come up with something parallel.
Bill Glaze
D2 VP