[SPAM] Need Help....

Larry Diamond lld613 at psci.net
Mon Mar 14 14:31:58 AKST 2005

The last time my Focus flew I had radio problems. (June 2004 @ D4 Shoot-Out,
Muncie)

Conditions were windy (25mph+) crosswind from the South if I recall
correctly.

As the plane crossed center (right to left) getting ready for the initial
pull in a Non-Rolling Triangle Loop (Intermediate), the plane pitched down
to about a 30 degree dive and dropped the left wing about 45 degrees. This
was a violent event (hence the pucker factor was above 10) and my thumbs had
not yet touched the sticks when this happened.

This happened twice. The second time had most everyone watching and all
other  Tx's were turned off. I was the only one out of four people on the
same channel to have a problem.

1)       No issues noted with the radio installation and the antenna wire
was in its correct place.

2)       The Tx Module and Rx were sent to the MFG. No problem found.

3)       I did open the Rx battery pack and found a leaking cell. However,
the battery was freshly charged and checked good on the ground after the
flight.

4)       Equipment:

a.       Stylus TX

b.       Airtronics RX - FM / 8 channel

c.       All servos are Futaba Digital except throttle.

d.       YS 1.40L

The only problem I found was the Rx battery pack. I have been told by a
number of folks that the battery pack wouldn't be the likely cause of this
problem.

Any other thoughts before I try to go fly this plane again?

Larry Diamond

NSRCA 3083