PCM lock out servo mvt

Troy A. Newman troy_newman at msn.com
Fri Mar 11 07:06:23 AKST 2005

Dean and Nat,

I have a foamy that will do it. Full flying stab and about 70 degs of throw.

Its what you call deep stall technology.

Last summer flying models with Frackowiak out at NASA Dryden....this test
model got way too slow and tried to turn it.  It fell from about 300-400ft
just flat as a pancake. After that the CG was moved forward. and the
airspeed kept higher before the turns...Only damage was to the landing gear.
and it was just basically bent. We had it flying again in about 10 mins. It
was a funny canard type of thing...roll it right meant it wanted to yaw
left.....So it would just side slip and then  go flat and fall like an
elevator...but it had no motor so the decent rate could not be controlled.
It took a while to fall. We were amazed it came down so flat.

Then we did the same thing on later flight...but this time the CG was
forward and it spun in. Broke it pretty good.

TN