Counting others' AMA points

Ron Van Putte vanputte at cox.net
Thu Mar 10 05:24:39 AKST 2005

On Mar 10, 2005, at 8:16 AM, Rcmaster199 at aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 3/10/2005 8:21:07 AM Eastern Standard Time,
> rickwallace45 at hotmail.com writes:
>

> Keep tryin', Matt - -
>
> A little louder and lot more repetition and you might believe it...
> maybe...
>  Just so you know, we're still largely under Tuesday's ice/snow and
> the temp MIGHT get up to 40 degrees for a couple of hours... tomorrow.
> More snow Sat and Sunday.
>
>  Welcome back to NJ!
>
> Rick
>  25 years ago when I lived there last, I remember flying in Dec and
> Jan on occasion. Weather would give just enough break to re-energize
> the batteries. But I also remember the frustration of having a model
> done and ready to fly and then have to wait for a month to get in the
> maiden flight.
>
> Hey that's why Im holding on to the house down here. I'm not totally
> off my rocker, or maybe I am. LOL
>
> My son and I are huge Yanks and Rangers fans and my wife loves Museums
> and Opera, and we all love to eat, so it's gonna be great.

I have a phrase my father told me, which he used to describe a person
who was trying to convince himself that everything was peachy.  The
phrase is, "It sounds like he's whistling his way through the
graveyard."

BTW, I lived my early years in Rochester, NY.  That's why I now live in
Florida.

Ron Van Putte