Another box rule (discussion)

J.Oddino joddino at socal.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 21:06:30 AKST 2005

It seems to me that the guy who puts the airplane where the judges can see it should score better than the guys that fly out in the next county.  And it is no more difficult to judge the ends of a square box than it is to judge the backline of the vee.  And who doesn't judge by impression?  The rules don't specify that things like roll rates, altitudes. and radii need to be the same on all maneuvers but we are not impressed if they vary all over the map from maneuver to maneuver.  I say forget the box but downgrade like mad for someone that is out of control on positioning and that includes being too high, too low, too far up wind or down wind, in too close or out too far.  Amen.

Jim O