BRIO news

Lee Davis lee at piedmontmodels.com
Wed Mar 9 13:34:44 AKST 2005

Brio kits are in but we are missing a few parts, so no announcement yet,
plus I'm finishing up the instruction sheets, though with the level of
pre-fabrication it's not a big deal.  The parts missing are CF wing tubes
and gear for the CF/kevlar version of the kit.  There is also a standard
version Brio, glass/foam/glass composite, that comes with aluminum gear and
wing tube.

The official announcement with detailed description, prices, etc. will be on
our Web site this weekend.  In a nutshell, it's slightly less finished than
a typical ARC.  A lot of prefab, but also trying to not limit choices that
people want to make with a high end plane.

We released a few kits to people who needed them right away and could put up
with our less than 100% readiness.

On the Focus: We still have the ARC, but no ARF.  Not sure about future
production.  The catch is, though the Focus is superiour to the $400ish 2
meter planes coming to market this segment is very price sensitive.  Might
not be able to continue to compete there.

Lee Davis
Piedmont Models