Rules Changes----Advancement

George Kennie geobet at gis.net
Wed Mar 9 10:29:03 AKST 2005

I think that if the district CD's were required to include the
placement of "ALL" competitors(not just the first 3 places, but
everyone in the class) in every class when submitting contest
reports to the DVP for inclusion in the K-Factor, then it should be
a relatively simple task to keep track of accrued totals for the
season, at the end of which it could be reported in the K-Factor
exactly who had pointed out in each class.The DVP's responsibility
could be considered fulfilled at that point and have no further
requirement to mandate any advancement demands on the individuals
involved as their peer group would, in all probability, implement
that role.
Watcha think??? No good?????
G.
P.S. If the CD's will commit to it, I'd be willing to do the math
for D1.

Atwood, Mark wrote:

> I guess I’m going to recuse myself from this discussion as a lot
> of this has never really made sense to me.  I was never able to
> console myself from losing a contest by thinking
”hmmm
that guy
> that beat me really should have already moved up.”  Nor did I feel
> any tremendous since of accomplishment when after finishing 2nd
> all year to someone
I was suddenly finishing 1st because that
> person was flying a higher class.
>

> I will say this though
regardless of what “rule” WILL be in
> place
there are rules in place now.  There should be a discussion
> along side this thread about enforcement.  I think I’m a proponent
> of NO rule, simply because that’s effectively what we have in
> practice today.
>

> We have only a small handful of scoring systems in place, all of
> which could produce a simple extract file with participants/AMA
> #/Class/placing, etc
that could be submitted to an NSRCA rep for
> import into a central database.  I know
I’m not volunteering
> either
Lol.