Rules Changes----Advancement

Keith Hoard khoard at midsouth.rr.com
Wed Mar 9 07:47:05 AKST 2005

Perhaps everyone could carry a small, convenient, wallet-sized card provided
by the AMA and keep track of their advancement points?

Just kidding, that would be a tough system to keep track of. . .

We keep track of scores during a contest to provide "rankings". . . how
difficult would it be for the NSRCA to keep track of "lifetime" scores on
the web site??  I'm no software guy, so I may be asking for an impossible
task.

You could take the National ranking, divide it into four equal sections that
would determine what class you "should" be flying.  When you attend a
contest, you sign up for whatever class you want to, but receive penalty or
bonus points depending on how far out of your "National Ranked Class" you
are flying.  So. . . if you're a new guy and are feeling froggy, you sign up
to fly Advanced.  If you kick butt, you're going to quickly accumulate
ranking points and move up the National list, thus eliminating your bonus at
the next contest you attend.  If you compete lower than you're supposed to,
you would be penalized appropriately.

Keith L. Hoard
Cordova, TN
khoard at midsouth.rr.com

A National  Ranking system would be more difficult to administer.