Another box rule (discussion)

Jim Ivey jivey61 at bellsouth.net
Tue Mar 8 08:15:28 AKST 2005

>  Buddy

You know we can fly in close.We can make the maneuvers smaller and do more throttle management. This is one place that size doesn't matter.  As long as it is smooth and has good presentation.. With todays planes this is possible. I had a lean run one time at a contest and had to make everything smaller than normal. I managed to keep decent geometry etc and had a decent score. The year Jesky won the nats, he flew close.
The other side to the coin is the judges can see the maneuvers better.
All this is with the box size we have now.
More thoughts.

Jim Ivey